1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to connect to online game.

Discussion in 'Support Forum' started by Nasty Teddy, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Nasty Teddy

Nasty Teddy Ex Clan Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Bournemouth
    Afternoon chaps.
    Finally re installed COD WaW on my new PC (only took about 12 months!)
    I am having a problem with playing on line.....Both the clan link and also the game tracker dont seem to recognise that I am on line,I get no connect icon on either!
    Anyone have any ideas as to what is going wrong?
    Would like to get back into action!

Marcus.

Gametracker with no join icon.png

2. Konkret_fin

Konkret_fin Registered

Oct 18, 2018
    Flensburg / Germany
    Hi Nasty Teddy
    whenever i reinstalled COD waw, i needed the updates 1.1 -1.7. Did you already installed the updates ?

KOS EFFECT likes this.
  3. Nasty Teddy

Mar 18, 2011
    Bournemouth
    Ah,That might be the reason,I had forgotten about the patch....I will give it a try,thanks for your help...Will let you know how I get on....:)

4. KOS EFFECT

KOS EFFECT Clan Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Manchester
    Good to see you Ted :) i knew somebody would have a sensible answer as i'm clueless on these things.

5. Carduelis

Carduelis Clan Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    Looooooooo Teeeeeeeeeeeddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!! How are you doing, old chap!

Glad to see you again.

Do what Konkret suggests and let us know if you need more help.

6. Nasty Teddy

Mar 18, 2011
    Bournemouth
    I have updated the game to 1.7 after installing all previous patches and still no joy.
    The only way I can play on line is through the game itself. (4 servers!)
    One thing I did notice is that the game didnt install a game icon on the desktop,had to create one myself.
    Have run out of ideas,any more help would be appreciated.

7. Carduelis

Carduelis Clan Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    For what you're saying, I suppose you're running "CoDWaWmp.exe" that is the executable for the multiplayer game. Also suppose you did a local installation and you aren't using Steam.

1) Are you online? In other words... Is your nickname shown at top right of the screen and saying "online" like mine is?

2019-01-02_001707945 (Custom).PNG

2) When entering in "Search game" (I don't know the exact translation to English, I'm talking about the first option in the last screen "buscar partida"), Are you able to see the full list of servers as looks in the next screenshot?

2019-01-02_001741141 (Custom).PNG

If not, press several times on where in my screen says "Fuente:" (Origin in English game I suppose) until it shows "Internet", also in "Modo de juego" (kind or game or so, same case as before, lost in translation) until it shows "All" or "Team Deathmatch".

Let us know the results.

I miss to blow up your helmet.

8. Carduelis

Carduelis Clan Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    Keep in mind that if you do the search of the servers using the "team deathmatch" filter, maybe ours wont be displayed if it's running one of the "domination" maps

9. iFlixY

iFlixY Registered

May 2, 2014
    almelo
    hey ted, have you installed punkbuster or have it turned on in the game?

10. Carduelis

Carduelis Clan Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    Punkbuster is no longer needed.

11. iFlixY

iFlixY Registered

May 2, 2014
    almelo
    ohh i didn't know sometimes if it was not enabled i could not connect to online services

12. feldmeyer

feldmeyer Clan Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    I guess I had the same problems a while ago.I re installed the game and after downloading all the patches I couldn't find the ucs server.
    I went then to 'new favorite'' and then entered the IP adress of the server and that worked.
    Just checked but when I look for games with the ''internet'' option the ucs server will not pop up between the serverlist ??

13. Nagged

Nagged Staff Member Clan Founder

Mar 14, 2009
    Sandy
    Do you do a quick refresh list as the UCS server was on mine , Game mode all , clear any filters Source internet and Refresh list will go get an updated list, quick refresh only does a quick refresh on the list your game grabbed last time you did a refresh list

14. feldmeyer

feldmeyer Clan Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Hi,

did all those things ;-) but still nothing pops up.I have patch nr 1.7.1263 maybe that helps

15. Carduelis

Carduelis Clan Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    Any news, Teddy?

16. Carduelis

Carduelis Clan Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    Any news, Teddy?

17. Carduelis

Carduelis Clan Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    ooooooops sorry I don't know why this sh*** have re-posted three times the same post. Didn't do on purpose.