1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about visual modifications

Discussion in 'Call Of Duty 5 : World At War' started by ChuckieCC, Feb 24, 2017.

1. ChuckieCC

ChuckieCC Registered

Dec 23, 2016
    Mietoinen
    Is it allowed to use file modifications that improve the looks of the game? Or will the anti-cheat immediately notice the change in the file and therefore ban me? Thought it would be better to ask this before I regret doing it.

2. FlatLiner

FlatLiner Staff Member Clan Founder

Nov 8, 2006
    Dalaman
    and may one ask what this is

file modifications that improve the looks of the game

never heard of it what does it do

and if you can forward any info to save you getting banned the better

3. Nagged

Nagged Staff Member Clan Founder

Mar 14, 2009
    Sandy
    Are you on about file modifications or cvar settings that change things like picmip and texture depths? Or actual programs that amend the files in which case typically that would set alarm bells ringing right there

4. ChuckieCC

ChuckieCC Registered

Dec 23, 2016
    Mietoinen
    I may have used the wrong set of words here, with visual modifications I mean graphical enhancements. Improving the looks of the game without affecting any other form of settings apart from graphics, shaders, etc. To make the game look better but it would not effect the gameplay in any way or form, other than making it look more cinematic perhaps. I needed to ask because I've seen threads on Steam Community saying that people can get automatically banned for having any kind of files that are not default files.

They would not give me any kind of advantage in the game server whatsoever.

5. Nagged

Mar 14, 2009
    Sandy
    Hi

Typically graphical enhancements are normally tweaking the cvar settings rather than just using the in game menus. For some games there are tools to take the hard work out of it that generate a user config file. Normally for monitoring games servers are configured so allow a certain range for these cvars and anything outside of the cvars get a player kicked. Not necessarily banned as it just means the setting is outside those allowed by a particular server. This was normally the case for servers that ran league settings that were very tight on these settings so players did not get too much of an advantage by reducing the amount of noise by smoke, trees. These settings were normally a nod to lower spec graphic cards

Those were normally things like picmip picmip2

If you are on about using overdirve type programs then yes some anti cheat is configured to consider that as hacking to give an unfair advantage as it can't check what your actual settings are and it quite often used to hook in other programs like aimbots

6. ChuckieCC

ChuckieCC Registered

Dec 23, 2016
    Mietoinen
    I haven't found any graphic mods for the game yet, and I'm not really familiar with these things you're mentioning. If I find any of those graphics mods for multiplayer, I'll do my research on it as far as I can. I'll forward the mod to you as well.

7. iFlixY

iFlixY Registered

May 2, 2014
    almelo
    you could try sweetFX

8. ChuckieCC

ChuckieCC Registered

Dec 23, 2016
    Mietoinen
    That's the one I found earlier, but people said some servers banned them for using it.

9. iFlixY

iFlixY Registered

May 2, 2014
    almelo
    no man i'm using it
    if you want i have a good preset for you

10. Runoved

Runoved Registered

Jan 21, 2017
    Moscow
    And how all of these things affect the performance?

11. iFlixY

iFlixY Registered

May 2, 2014
    almelo
    i dont know really, its basically a colour correction

12. ChuckieCC

ChuckieCC Registered

Dec 23, 2016
    Mietoinen
    Sounds good to me.

Will probably screw me over but wont hurt to give it a try.

13. Nagged

Mar 14, 2009
    Sandy
    And something that Evenvbalance and PBBans, MBI had large discussions on . It is banned by certain leagues so if you play in any leagues I would check with them first as it does inject files into the game directory.
    I will specify leagues ban it due to considered unfair advantage .
    It was picked up by Punkbuster and banned. I don't know if the people who put in an appeal cause they were just using SweetFX were successful

14. ChuckieCC

ChuckieCC Registered

Dec 23, 2016
    Mietoinen
    I only play on UCS and PDE, do you know if PDE allows it?

15. iFlixY

iFlixY Registered

May 2, 2014
    almelo
  16. ChuckieCC

ChuckieCC Registered

Dec 23, 2016
    Mietoinen
    Alright, I'll try it out, thanks

Edit:
    As I try download SweetFX 1.4 + TVLevels, both Firefox and Chrome say that it has a virus, and automatically block it.

Edit #2: I dowloaded it, installed it as instructed but I don't see any change. I have anti-aliasing off, and a preset within the settings folder.

17. iFlixY

iFlixY Registered

May 2, 2014
    almelo
    do you have skype i can send it
    or try this

Attached Files:

18. Merserizer

Merserizer Ex Clan Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Gothenburg
  19. iFlixY

iFlixY Registered

May 2, 2014
    almelo
    did you copy all the files to the world at war folder? then its supposed to work.

20. Merserizer

Merserizer Ex Clan Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Gothenburg
    So... nagged what is ur verdict on this "enchancement" of the game ?

Do we all need to download it or what ?