1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack

Discussion in 'Call Of Duty 6 : Modern Warfare 2' started by FlatLiner, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatLiner

FlatLiner Staff Member Clan Founder Clan Member Donator

Nov 8, 2006
    Okcular
    Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack Also Features Ridiculous Price

<!-- google_ad_section_start --> [​IMG]

Capping off a fairly terrible fortnight of news surrounding Call of Duty developers Infinity Ward comes word this morning that Modern Warfare 2's map pack is one of the most over-priced pieces of downloadable content we've ever seen.
    Popping onto Xbox Live spokesman Larry Hryb's podcast to promote Modern Warfare 2's upcoming "Stimulus Package" map pack (which is launching first on Microsoft's console), Infinity Ward's Robert bowling revealed that the five maps - two of which are old maps being re-released for this game - will cost 1200 Microsoft Points.
    Or, $15.
    For five multiplayer maps.
    Fifteen. Dollars. Or, if you're so inclined, £10, €14, or AUD$19.
    Hoo boy.

sorce http://kotaku.com/5493218/modern-warfare-2-map-pack-also-features-ridiculous-price

2. SickNote

SickNote Ex Clan Member Ex Clan Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hull, UK
    Re: Modern Warfare 2 Map

Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!

Battle field all the way if there selling us OLD maps

They surely would sell more if they sold them at a lower price

3. F4T4LW0UND

F4T4LW0UND Registered

Nov 23, 2009
    Hull

Thats just pure Money digging, they can get their Big plans and put it in their ass, lmao what idiotsy that is, anyways. isnt it just for the XBox?

If so they can just be aware that.... I used to have one, And it got POOF!, so shows how sufficient that is!

EPIC FAIL!

Battlefield For me!

4. Nagged

Nagged Staff Member Clan Founder Clan Member Donator

Mar 14, 2009
    Sandy

The interesting things is how people who don't gt the DLC will find even more issues with disconnects as I bet the matching system won't take that into account before grouping

5. Ming

Ming Ex Clan Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Hampton Hill

Suits run them now, not gamers

6. Wanapint

Wanapint Ex Clan Member Ex Clan Member

May 30, 2009
    Bracknell - Berkshire

I won't be buying this.... greedy fookers

7. lainylou

lainylou Ex Clan Member Ex Clan Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Stowmarket

But we all said we wouldn't buy the game in the first place and most of us did. You can't take it away, it's a good game and I will probably buy it just because I want to keep on playing it. If you ask me ( and I know you wouldn't anyhow lol) I think most of the games are overpriced in the first place, but we think nothing of putting our hands in our pockets for what we deem as our hobby. I'm playing a game i'm not keen on, because the clan are all playing it now, and I'll persevere with it, purely because i've bought it now, and i'll carry on with MW2 because again i've paid out money for it AND i like it.

8. Nagged

Nagged Staff Member Clan Founder Clan Member Donator

Mar 14, 2009
    Sandy

Fair point Lainy, I was sure that WAW was going to be the last game I would buy as was getting fed up of gaming, I do enjoy MW2 when you aren't sitting in the lobby all day long and get a decent match, and I've ordered BF2 only cause I miss sitting in TS with people i am playing with rather than listening to them playing another game. But the big thing for most PC gamers is going to be the fact that this is the first time we have had to pay for additional maps. In the past, WAW and COD4 etc we have been used to free map pack updates, unlike our console companions, but even worse when they are not all entirely new. Wasteland is already a graphic overhaul of a COD2 map so to say that $15 for 5 maps , means really it is $5 per new map as it takes them very little development to overhaul old maps given mapping SDK's .

9. lainylou

lainylou Ex Clan Member Ex Clan Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Stowmarket

Yep I see your point, but it's the way it is and no amount of complaining about it is gonna change it. At the end of the day, we're the consumer and if we're not going to be listened to, we either bow down (which most of us did) or not buy on principle. IW have stood their ground despite the complaints from the PC community because the console gamers have willingly payed out for map packs and they don't see why the PC community should get theirs for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.