1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

max fps

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 2 :' started by Wilkinson, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilkinson

Wilkinson Ex Clan Member Registered

Jan 28, 2007
    Hull
    will it do any harm changing my fps in the in-game console?

2. Ming

Ming Ex Clan Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Hampton Hill
    It won't do any harm though it may affect the smoothness of the game. Some say It's a good idea to cap your max fps to your average fps in game. You can find this out by enabling the fps counter in the in-game console. You can always mess around with it on one of the empty servers. Just remember to type \ before any command in console while you are playing as it will just be a text message otherwise lol. Experiment and see what works for you.

3. dj.evolution

dj.evolution Guest

125 or 333 or 555 are the best rates to cap your fps at on cod2. I use 125, although my pc is capable of 333, it doesnt tend to stay on it all the time whereas it stays on 125 all the time.

To set it to 125, type this in console: /com_maxfps 125

to view your fps in game, type this in console: /cg_drawfps 1

to remove the fps that you just brought up, type: /cg_drawfps 0

hope this helps

4. GumBO

GumBO Registered

Nov 8, 2006
    Denmark
    IM capped at 200 or 300 fps / ( i think ) :unsure:
    And i play at 1280x768 / 150 Hz / on a 22" crt, AND there is no hiding from me and bashers will be punished ASAP.

Now to me thats a good enuff reason to upgrade all my hardware :GEEK:

5. dj.evolution

dj.evolution Guest

if you want some more RAM, check out my post in the Hardware section. Im selling 1GB for 30 quid

6. GumBO

GumBO Registered

Nov 8, 2006
    Denmark
    Thx for the offer Death

But im ordering 4 gb next week ( OCZ FlexXLC Edition pc2 9200 ) then i just need to find some mony for the rest of the hardware.

I doubt the prizes on fast ddr2 ram will get any lower than it is at the moment

7. Madjojo

Madjojo Ex Clan Member Ex Clan Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Kilbarchan
    hehe..yuo lost me there guys...so...are you telling me it makes a diferrence to your performance to do this maxfps stuff?

8. GumBO

GumBO Registered

Nov 8, 2006
    Denmark
    If we talk about a game i really really liked and played hardcore,then i would tweak the settings for the most smoothe gameplay possibel

I have to admit i think i can feel a diffrence in playing with low fps,so i prefer to see atleast 70 fps or more in online play.

Madjojo normally ppl say the more fps the better,therefor the default maxfps in the game could be holding your gfx card back

I trust i dont have to mention i run my cod2 in DX7 or whatever the "fallback" mode are,otherwise my fps would suck with my 7800gtx ( i think havent even tried DX9 in multiplayer )

9. Madjojo

Madjojo Ex Clan Member Ex Clan Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Kilbarchan
    oh...ok...lol...i couldnt understand a word o that pmsl... its way too technical for me..i have to be shown something before i can take it in :) where do u find the in-game console to tweak your fps lol??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.