1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JABT Just Another Backup Tool

Discussion in 'Call Of Duty 5 : World At War' started by Carduelis, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Carduelis

Carduelis Clan Member Donator

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    Hi, I've attached are two simple files compressed on a single ZIP file to easily do a profile backup and a restore on a 2nd hard drive or on a pendrive.

Just copy both files to the root of the pendrive and execute them.

ProfileBackup does a backup of all of your profiles to a folder called "BackupWaW\profiles" and ProfileRestore restores ALL your profiles to their original location on your hard disk.

CAUTION: Restoring the profiles WILL REPLACE all of your profiles, use it carefully and perform a backup first of all.

It works on Windows 10 and 8. Can't remember the file structure on Win7.

It should work wherever the game is installed, no drive letters are used, and also from any backup disk.

ProfileBackup just does this, if you like to do it manually:
    XCOPY "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles" "BackupWaW\profiles" /s /y

And ProfileRestore does this:
    XCOPY "BackupWaW\profiles" "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles" /s /y

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. Carduelis

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    After losing my profile this evening (I had a backup, so nothing happenned) I tried to rejoin right now and I've lost my profile again. I opened the "active.txt" file located at "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles" and it shows the default profile, in this case it points to the "$$$" folder (that file contains the active player profile). I edited that file and replaced the "$$$" with my name "-Carduelis" and it worked.

kk.png

So maybe if this happens to any of you and you haven't a profile backup, maybe it can help.

Be carefully, don't create a new profile, if you noticed your profile is lost, close the game and edit the "active.txt" file.

Folder "AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW" usually is hidden, you have to show the hidden files to see it.

3. feldmeyer

feldmeyer Clan Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    I'm playing on a win 7 pc....how should I do it then ? Anybody ?

4. Carduelis

Aug 9, 2014
    Benidorm
    Just open a File Explorer window (or your hard disk C content) and type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles" in the address field, if your profiles are in that route you will see them.

If so, you can manually copy them or use my batch files from a pendrive or the same hard disk.

5. AiToRReNT

AiToRReNT Registered

May 3, 2014
    Barakaldo
    For the moment i don't have that problem.All ok.