1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth playing online?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 2 :' started by cdlink14, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdlink14

cdlink14 Guest

Well I bought this game recently (?5 for a shiny new, GOTY copy seems fine to me). And wonder is there much point playing it online?

I'm also thinking of making a portable version of it, but my 4GB flash stick won't hold it with all my other crap on it. Think its worth going to UCS to purchase a 8GB (?18)? I know of the problems running off a flash drive. Thats why i would copy it to any machines i use it on.

2. cdlink14

cdlink14 Guest

Because that would mean me getting off my arse and doing something. And that's a very very bad thing.

3. cdlink14

cdlink14 Guest

Oh I help myself a lot. Mostly to other peoples things, but still proves my point. :cute:

4. FlatLiner

FlatLiner Staff Member Clan Founder Clan Member Donator

Nov 8, 2006
    Okcular
    and what game do you intend to make portable

me thinks it would not work

as so many dls and video drivers etc

my cod 4 folder is 15 gig

5. cdlink14

cdlink14 Guest

Call of duty 2, Should work I made UT2004 portable.

6. Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm Ex Clan Member Registered

Jan 13, 2008
    Manchester
    ohh shame for you:cry:make me:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

7. cdlink14

cdlink14 Guest

The cake is a lie......

8. FlatLiner

Nov 8, 2006
    Okcular
    Think you may run into a few punkbuster problems

9. cdlink14

cdlink14 Guest

I think it would run ok. All I need to do is use Thinstall. Basically it scans your registry + hard disk before installation of a game. Then after you install + update the game it searches again. All new/changed files are copied into the project folder. From this you can compile the project folder into a EXE (With streamlined compression if you want). This EXE works in its own environment, meaning it emulates the registry. It also saves any custom files into a folder within the same directory as the EXE. So downloading/deleting/editting custom content is a
    breeeze.

10. silent scope

silent scope Registered

Nov 16, 2008
    east hull
    well i agree with flatty coz he knows exactly what hes on about dont you owning ucs for 1 reason lmao

11. cdlink14

cdlink14 Guest

Well I got it working perfectly. Just gotta remember where I put the flash drive with it on now. XD

But yeah, I agree Flatty does know what he's talking about. I myself have only been into computers for 12 years, 8 of which was as a wild gamer. That puts Flatty ahead of me by 4 years ( going by the time he owned the store ), and a Brain cell.

12. FlatLiner

Nov 8, 2006
    Okcular
    Been into computers for over 23 years now

and online gaming for about 19

13. cdlink14

cdlink14 Guest

What about programming languages? Surely after so long with computers you must of picked a few up over the years...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.