1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Hi"

Discussion in 'Welcome New User's Forum' started by Qyndryx, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Qyndryx

Qyndryx Registered

Nov 5, 2015
    Stirling, Scotland
    Hi. I lack a lot of creativity and found "Hi" to be the best way to open my introduction, I couldn't even think of a decent title to this. Anyway, my name is Ethan (I'm more commonly known as Qyndryx, but I see that some people have troubles spelling and pronouncing it so just call me Ethan) and I've been playing on this community's servers for the greater part of a few years. Some of you may have noticed my spike in activity recently. So, I thought I'd type up a "small" introduction post. I'm not sure where I should begin so I'll start from the beginning.

During the summer of 2015, I saved up my earnings and bought myself a "gaming" PC. Along with a few other games I picked up Call of Duty: World at War because I wanted to try some of the customer zombie maps I had been dying to play for several years. After only about 40 hours of playtime, I was bored because playing zombies alone just is not fun. So I decided to hop on the multiplayer to see what it was like and saying that I was surprised was an understatement. I couldn't believe that there were people still playing this game (I had logged at least 600 hours on the 360 since 2008 and stopped playing in 2010). I hoped on the first decent looking server that I could find, it was called "[UCS] Tank Server" and unbeknownst to me, I'd still be playing on it almost 3 years later.

Throughout my 200 hours on the PC, I have had more fun than I expected to have and I also have obtained quite a particular set of skills. On a few servers I have been accused of cheating but in this community... that doesn't happen too much. Players here just seem to go with the flow and enjoy themselves, that's why I like it so much. I'm in the process of creating a small video of my best plays on the server, I don't like calling them "montages" (that just sounds unprofessional in my opinion).

However, something a little more administrative needs to be discussed @FlatLiner. I'm not sure why the 13 year old me decided to join these forums, it might have been because I was urged to by some players on the server, I can't remember. I have looked around a bit and found that you only allow people over the age of 16 here and I can understand why (considering some of the minimum age of 12 communities that I have joined). I'm 15 currently and will be 16 in June. I haven't looked at these forums that much until recently and I am willing to wait until June to join in properly. I won't object to you if you delete my account (I completely understand ;)).

I congratulate you if you managed to read all of that, I get carried away sometimes. Well, I suppose that's all from me.

See you on the server!

- Ethan

2. Nagged

Nagged Staff Member Clan Founder Clan Member Donator

Mar 14, 2009
    Sandy
    Welcome to the forum and glad you enjoy the hard work t keep such an old game supported . See you in game

Qyndryx likes this.
  3. KOS EFFECT

KOS EFFECT Clan Member Donator

Apr 8, 2011
    Manchester
    Nice read that Ethan,well constructed,as Nagged has already said glad you enjoy the server and i'll see you out there.

Qyndryx likes this.
  4. 2olde2sloe

2olde2sloe Clan Member Donator

Jul 14, 2016
    Albuquerque
    Greetings!

Qyndryx likes this.